Happy new year! With a new year often comes new thoughts, and new resolutions. I encourage you to commit your time and mind to theological reading this year (… and every year afterwards!).
I'll even help you out with an idea that I started back in 2013. It's designed to encourage the reading and discussion of good Christian books on theology, philosophy, life, history, biography, etc.
Here's how it works:
- You choose a book from my library. Either come to my place to look at it in person or browse my library online.
- You give me a $20 deposit, and I give you the book to borrow.
- You read the book. You have one month to finish it.
- If you don't finish the book before the due date, you have to give me another $10 to keep it for another month. This can be repeated up for a total of 6 months. At any time during the reading, you can return the book and I'll give you back the full deposit.
- If you do finish the book, I'll give you back your full deposit and treat you to a meal with a few friends to talk about what you learned from the book. Share your favorite quotes!
- You choose another book and/or tell others about the program so that more people can be happy, full, and encouraged!
Popular books from over the years:
- The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert by Rosaria Butterfield. My review of the book here.
- This Momentary Marriage by John Piper. My review of the book here.
Let me know if you want to borrow a book!